Self Draining Shower & Eyewash Station SS-F150
Outdoor Emergency Shower & Eyewash Station
Emergency Shower and Eyewashes is an emergency device that temporarily relieves any toxic or harmful substances, such as corrosive chemical liquids, from incurring further damage to a physical body in case the hazardous substance spills to the body, face or eyes of workers, and makes time for professional medical care. The first 10 to 15 seconds after exposure to a hazardous substance, especially a corrosive substance, are critical.
Emergency showers and eyewash stations provide on-the-spot decontamination. They allow workers to flush away hazardous substances that can cause injury.
Accidental chemical exposures can still occur even with good engineering controls and safety precautions. As a result, it is essential to look beyond the use of goggles, face shields, and procedures for using personal protective equipment. Emergency showers and eyewash stations are a necessary backup to minimize the effects of accident exposure to chemicals.
Eyewash Station can also be used effectively in extinguishing clothing fires or for flushing contaminants off clothing.
COMPLIANT for Emergency Shower and Eyewashes
ANSI Z358.1-2014 does not specify how long the affected body part should be rinsed. It does specify that the equipment installed according to the standard be capable of providing flushing liquid for a minimum of 15 minutes.
Eyewash series comply with standard of ANSI Z358.1-2014, and requirements of OSHA.
- 5-minutes for non-irritants or mild irritants,
- 15-20 minutes for moderate to severe irritants and chemicals that cause acute toxicity if absorbed through the skin,
- 30 minutes for most corrosives, and 60 minutes for strong alkalis.
- Standard type equipped with shower and eyewash.
- Provide full-body relief from contamination quickly and effectively.
- Comply with ANSI Z358.1-2014.